At Sophie Dee School of Dance
in Cheadle Hulme, not only do they offer all forms of dance and musical theatre for children aged 2 years upwards. They also have adult dance classes – open to all ages and abilities.
The health benefits of dance are well documented, research often puts dance ahead of other physical activities in the variety of health benefits that it brings.
Dance increases your energy levels, it can help reduce stress and will support weight loss. It also can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease, slow ageing by improving the immune system and can be a great way to expand your social circle and meet new like-minded people. Dance can help diminish the symptoms of depression, improve balance and coordination, flexibility, posture, and it will make you feel more toned, lengthened and energised.
They have classes to suit everyone at SDSD
and they are all pay as you go – £5 each class
Adult Ballet | Tuesday 7.30-8.15
- All levels, ages and abilities welcome. You will be made to feel very welcome as you enter this class in our purpose built dance studio, with mirrors, barres and a sprung floor, no leotards and tights required, you can wear clothes that you are comfortable in and ballet shoes are recommended but not compulsory. The class will start at the barre to warm up the body, you are in control of how hard you work, and alternative exercises can be given if easier or harder options are required. Once warm the class will move into the centre of the room where you will work on centre practice, port de bras, turns and jumps, again all can be taken at your own pace and level. Whether you want to revisit at childhood hobby or start a brand new hobby this class will cater for your needs and you will learn the beautiful art form of ballet, in a relaxed and friendly environment.
Adult Tap | Beginners – Monday 7.45-8.30 | Intermediate – Tuesday 8.15-9.00 | Advanced – Wednesday 7.45-8.30
- SDSD’s adult tap classes are the perfect way to destress from a busy day, tap your troubles away and enjoy learning new steps, and routines to fantastic music. Tap really will work your mind as well as your body and is great for keeping fit without having to go to the gym to do so. We have classes for all abilities and they welcome all ages into their tap classes.
- The adult tap classes have the option to perform in the School show at the RNCM which is bi-yearly. Its completely optional but so much fun and all the adults love taking part in this.
Adult Street Dance | Thursday 7.45-8.30 | Club Cheadle Hulme
- This is one of their newer adult classes and is proving very popular. Learn all the different styles of street dance with their fabulous street dance teacher, Jack Robinson.
- In these classes, you will learn how to do locking, popping, house, crump, breaking, and much more. To cool and funky music come and discover your inner street dancer and release moves you never knew you had.
Adult Jazz and Body Conditioning/Stretch | Thursday 8.15-9.00 and 9.00-9.45pm | SDSD Studio
- Come and join in these exciting classes, let your inner dancer out and have some ‘me’ time whilst you enjoy learning various styles of jazz dance, kick, leap and turn your way across the studio and learn new dance routines every few weeks, this class is great for increasing your flexibility, improving your posture, memory skills and coordination. This Jazz class coupled together with the body conditioning and stretch class is the perfect alternative to not plodding along on a treadmill at the gym. Feel your body lengthen as you stretch everything out and work towards being a more flexible version of yourself, this will help with any tightness from the day/week and will release stress and tension, alternatives can be given if needed to accommodate and injuries. Body conditioning is all done to motivating music to keep you going so that you can achieve the toned and more lean body that we all desire! Get fit and toned the fun way with your friends in our fully equipped dance studio, with sprung floor, barres and mirrors.
If you are interested in any of these classes they start on Jan 4th.
Please email [email protected] for more details and to reserve your place now. Start the new year how you mean to go on and dance into 2018.